Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Skillz

Dearest folks of the EYA readership,


This be Jeremi from the skills link program sharing some insight into this great program. First things first, my name is not pronounced as Jeremiah or Jeremeye, simply Jeremy, but Jeremeye is alright

because it sounds funky. I know the spelling can be somewhat confuzzling, but hey, not my fault. Anyways, the program, yes the program.


Hooray!


Skills link is a program where you as an individual learn new skills, meet awesome people, and hear about how great the earth is an

d how bad some people can be to said earth, also you get paid for having a great time. If I remember correctly it is about 12 weeks long from December to the end of March.

Cold and happy month, Hooray!


For the month of December you do many things in fact. First of

all, you meet the fine worker bees of the EYA, ha!

Worker bees, get it. They are great at listening, answering, helping, basically being great instructors.

You also meet the other individuals in the program. That means any person who is 18 to 29 I believe. That of course brings a whole slew of differing opinions, experiences, ideas, and people all around. Around the last week of doing a month of meeting, talking, listening, learning, you get arranged a work placement.


Now considering I have not started my work placement, I'm not exactly sure what to tell. I suspect meeting more people, doing new jobs, gaining new work and skills experience. That is because, you know, what this program is supposed to offer. I do not think it disappoints. It is great the things that happen, the people you meet, and basically what you learn. Would I recommend the skills link, why yes I would.


This guy's got skills, why not learn them?

On another note, the skills link program is in cahoots with citizenU. What is citizenU you ask? Well to answer that question I actually grabbed the pamphlet. It is a 3 phase project consisting of training, events, and projects. It is open for volunteering and entering an open community. To learn more follow this link http://www.vancouveryouth.ca/node/327.


Cheers and have a happy new year.


Sincerely Jeremi.


Jeremi is a member of the skills link program, he likes hot chocolate, long walks on the beach, and comic books. Try not to take him seriously, he is not a professional writer of any kind, he enjoys the humor of it, also support the EYA, cause it's cool.


All photos were free and made to look somewhat out of place and funny.


No comments: