Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Meet Our New Bloggers


Amy Tran: I've been involved with the EYA since April 2009 when I committed myself to being a "seed keeper" through its inaugural Urban Seedkeeping project. Being somewhat new to gardening, I was eager to learn more about heritage seed diversity and preservation, and have since attempted to put my knowledge and curiosity in to action: in my own garden and hopefully others via a new project called 'The Vancouver Plant and Seed Exchange Network'. I now have an embarrassingly large number of seeds (and that collection will likely keep growing and changing). I've also worked on several small design projects for EYA and have been its first dedicated blogger. Though I enjoy blogging - and have been doing so personally for quite some time - I have to admit that I'm quite thankful to see some fresh faces around these parts and am looking forward to their contributions. Some time this year - hopefully sooner rather than later - I'd love to get away from the computer for a while and do some more "hands-on" work with the EYA. Sometimes, there's just nothing better than dirt underneath your fingernails. I kid you not.

No comments: