Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Meet our New Bloggers


Hi fellow tree huggers!

My name is Maria and I've always felt a connection with this magical Earth we call home. Blogging for the EYA is a great opportunity to meet new people with the same mindset and to learn more about what is going on in the city too! I am currently enrolled in the Environmental Protection Technology program at Kwantlen Polytechnic University, but I am changing my avenue to their Sustainable Policy Degree hopefully in September. I have always been involved in volunteering for environmental stewardship, and my favourite thing to do is tree planting and invasive species removal.

My husband and I went backpacking in SE Asia about 4 years ago, and we kept a blog to keep in touch with our families and let them know what we were up to. Blogging is such a great way to keep connected with people, and I hope that you will find some sort of connection with the events that are going on around the city, and possibly will urge you to get out there and attend some of them! And if you see me at any of the events, please feel free to introduce yourself!
Hope to see you all there! Keep connected :)

No comments: